AFIO Disclaimer

The author of this blog is a member of the Association of Former Intelligence Officers and as such the views and opinions expressed here are those of the author and do not represent the views and opinions of the Association of Former Intelligence Officers, its staff or Directors.
Learn more about the Association including membership requirements at

A WARNING: Those site visitors of Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander Culture should be aware that there are photographs and images of the deceased.

Monday, 23 November 2015

Somerton Man: Code page micro set '283X', an Admiralty message dated 1944.

In the image above you can see a close up of micro set numbers and the letter 283X. I posted on this set a week or two ago.

After some digging, I have found what appears to be a most interesting result. 283X is in fact an Admiralty message dated 1944 and it relates to Top Secret Naval operations during that time.

Is this a 'coincidence' ? Or is it another piece in the puzzle that might just give us a lead worth following?

Thursday, 5 November 2015

Somerton Man: Line 3 & Last line of code, clear micro numbers and letter

I found this set of numbers, 283 X diagonal, about 4 years ago. It is on the last line of the code page and it lies between the T and the M on that line being close to the base of the upright of the M. The size of these would be around .6mm in height. I used an onscreen magnifier to get a close up image.

There are more like this and sadly when I first published them on a Facebook page it was ridiculed and dismissed without testing. Well, here it is again for those who would not believe the evidence of their own eyes plus a close up of the P in line 3

Sunday, 1 November 2015

Somerton Man: The Code Page, Ultra Violet View

UV Views of last line of Code page:

4taken of the code page under UV lighting showing letters and numbers 'hidden in plain sight' within the larger letters of the code. In my view this is an example of SOE technique, Ink H.

I find it more than a little disappointing that Professor Abbott has apparently not used the UV light approach when examining the code page. Never too late to put things right so if you read this, perhaps Derek you will at least spend some time using standard forensic image examination on the page. Oh and whilst were on the subject, you could also do the same for the torn piece and for Verse 70 as it is patently obvious that each of these items contain micro code and many more examples exist on the code page waiting to be revealed.. Have a great Day!